Before your procedure
Most major eye operations will be performed as a DAY PROCEDURE in a DAY SURGERY.
You should arrive at the allocated arrival time and expect to stay approximately two to three hours.
PLEASE ARRANGE FOR SOMEONE TO DRIVE YOU TO AND FROM THE DAY SURGERY BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO DRIVE OR TAKE PUBLIC TRANSPORT HOME.
Please ensure that someone waits for you at the day surgery in case the surgeon needs to speak to him or her after the procedure.
If you have any illness, eye infection (in either eye), eye injury, or an infection on your face within one week prior to your date of surgery, please call our office to enquire if surgery can proceed.
When to fast
You will be required to fast for four (4) hours before your arrival time on the day of your surgery.
You should take all your regular MORNING medication with a sip of water.
PLEASE DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING ELSE DURING THIS TIME.
What to bring
- Your admission forms
- Your Medicare card and your Health Insurance details, DVA Card or Workers compensation claim details.
- Relevant pre-operative test results
What to wear
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing and footwear on the day.
- DO NOT WEAR ANY MAKE-UP.
- DO NOT WEAR CONTACT LENSES.
- DO NOT WEAR ANY JEWELLERY.
- DO NOT BRING ANY VALUABLES ON THE DAY.