- You may have an eye pad on your operated eye after the procedure.
- Your eye may be red, irritated or watery following surgery.
- Eye drops need to be used for one month after the operation as directed.
- You will be seen the day after the surgery and the eye pad will be removed.
- Vision is often quite blurred straight after surgery and usually improves over 3-4 weeks.
- The eye takes 1-2 months to recover to full strength.
Paracetamol may be taken for pain.
What you should do
- Bring your post-operative drops with you and a pair of sunglasses or clip-on shades.
- Plan to take at least one week off work or rest from major physical activity.
What you can’t do
- Do not get the eye wet with water during the first week after the operation.
- Avoid conditions which will irritate the eye such as sun, wind, smoke or dust. Avoid Swimming.
- You SHOULD NOT DRIVE until you have discussed this with your surgeon.
IF you experience worsening pain or loss of vision
If you notice worsening pain or loss of vision, your eye needs to be reviewed urgently at our office. If this occurs after hours, please attend Emergency at Westmead or Sydney Eye Hospital.