A/Prof Dr I-Van Ho
A/Prof I-Van Ho is a Vitreoretinal Surgeon and a Macular Disease Specialist.
A graduate of Sydney University Medical School, he completed his Ophthalmology training at the Sydney Eye Hospital and subsequently undertook 2 Vitreoretinal Surgery and Medical Retina Fellowships at Sydney Eye Hospital and University of British Columbia Vancouver, Canada. In 2006, he completed a Macular Disease and Medical Retinal fellowship at the Manhattan Eye Ear and Throat Hospital and Vitreous Retina Macula New York.
He is currently an Associate Professor of Ophthalmology and Head of Ophthalmic Surgery at Australian School of Advanced Medicine, Macquarie University and a Clinical Senior Lecturer at University of Sydney/Save Sight Institute Department of Ophthalmology. He is a member of the Australian and New Zealand Society of Retinal Specialists, Oceania Retina Association, American Academy of Ophthalmology, and the American Society of Retina Specialists
He is currently a Vitreoretinal Surgeon at the Sydney Eye Hospital Retinal Unit and the Director of Vitreoretinal Fellowship at Sydney Eye Hospital.
His clinical interest is in medical and surgical diseases of the macular, retina and vitreous, retinal imaging techniques and small incision vitrectomy surgery.
Second languages spoken by Assoc Professor Ho include Mandarin and Cantonese
- Sydney Medical School, University of Sydney Ophthalmology
- Sydney Eye Hospital
- Medical and Surgical Retina: Sydney Eye Hospital, Australia
- Vitreretinal Surgery and Medical Retina: University of British Columbia, Vancouver Canada
- Medical Retina/Macular Disease: Manhattan Eye and Ear Hospital and VRMNY, New York, USA
- VMO Retinal Unit Sydney Eye Hospital
- Associate Professor of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Australian School of Advanced Medicine, Macquarie University
- VMO Bankstown Hospital
- Clinical Senior Lecturer, University of Sydney
Area of Specialization:
- Vitreoretinal surgery
- Medical Retina / Macular Disease and surgery